Thursday, February 28, 2013

Read It Forward Post #3

Week 3: February 24 - March 2
A Snapshot of My Reading Life

My reading life is extremely varied, but I offer a snapshot (or several) of what I did yesterday. I visited my nephew, Eli, and his first grade class yesterday to read two books to them.  First, as I was dressed as Skippyjon Jones, I read Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner.  For those of you not familiar with Skippyjon, he is a Siamese cat who thinks he is a Chihuahua.  Much fun ensues from this and Skippyjon's powerful imagination.  Then, I ate lunch in a school lunchroom with 6 six-year old little boys. Yep, that was a treat!  After lunch we came back to the room and I read Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin. We also played a game that I found on Teachers Pay Teachers with the Dragons Love Tacos book.



My reading life is always interesting.  Currently, I listen to an audio book in the car going to and from work (2 hours a day).  I just finished The 39 Clues Book 3 The Sword Thief this morning.  I am not sure what I will choose to listen to on the way home. My choices are The 39 Clues Book 4 Beyond the Grave, Velva Jean Learns to Drive, and Eve and Adam. I also read using my Nook app on my iPad. Today I finished Final Exam by Maggie Barbieri, a cozy mystery about a college professor.  My next choices on the iPad are Mermaids in the Basement, Mad Girls in Love, The Twelve Tribes of Hattie, or Scrapbook of Secrets. I also have three "real" books on deck that I got from Amazon last week--Cinders and Sapphires and Between Shades of Gray and Schools Cannot Do It Alone.

I am going out of town tomorrow on Read Across America Day so I won't be able to read to classes; however, I found out about World Read Aloud Day and I have volunteered to my teacher friends on Facebook to come to their classrooms virtually next Wednesday to read via Skype.  My reading life is nothing if not exciting and always changing!




2 comments:

fireflytrails said...

What a great variety of reading adventures! You have lots going on!

fireflytrails said...
This comment has been removed by the author.