Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My hair stylist

 March 13, 2013
I have been getting my hair cut by the same person since I was 19 years old.  This is for a really good reason--I had long hair past my shoulders and thought it would be a good idea to put an ENTIRE bottle of Sun In on my light brown locks.  Not a good idea. I ended up not with the blonde hair I had imagined, but very orange and very long hair.  It was Mechelle who fixed it.

Mechelle Massey was a friend of a friend who worked in the hair salon in Ferguson Center on campus. My friend assured me that Mechelle could fix my hot mess; and she did.  I got some of my hair cut and the rest colored back to a more natural highlighted blonde for a very reasonable price. Mechelle made me promise right then to NEVER do this to my hair again; she said she would color it for me and we could even arrange a payment plan if  I couldn't pay for it all at once.

 Well, 25 years later with a few exceptions along the way, Mechelle still cuts (and now colors) my hair.  She does a great job and she is good about fitting me in when I need it.  Today, I got my hair cut by my friend. It is a wonderful privilege to have her as a friend.

1 comment:

fireflytrails said...

A hairdresser and a friend. What a great combination. I used to use Sun In myself - and I had good results when I was young. When I got older (and my hair got darker) I had disastrous results myself.