Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Headache, Headache Go Away

March 12, 2013
So it's never good when you are dreaming you have a headache and then you wake up and actually have a migraine. This happened to me today.  I woke up about 6:30 am (in the dark courtesy of Daylight Savings Time) and had a pounding headache.  Not the best way to start a day when I am supposed to be at work by 9:00 am. I texted my department chair and told her I was going back to bed to doctor the headache and would be there for the afternoon meetings.  My "doctoring" consisted of taking 2 generic Imitrex tablets and 4 Advil liqui-gels and washing them down with a healthy dose of warm Diet Coke. (I was too tired to get a glass and ice.)  Then, back to bed I went with my volcano pillow on my head. Yes, really, I have a pillow filled with volcanic sand (or is it ash?) that I put on my head when I have a headache. It works great!  After a 4 hour nap, I got up and got ready to go to work with no headache and only feeling slightly hung over. (since the meds make me feel that way.)

1 comment:

fireflytrails said...

Ouch! So glad you had a flexible schedule and that you got better. I want a volcano pillow!