Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Read It Forward Post #4

Week 4: March 3 - March 8
Read It Forward!
It’s time to read aloud!  Share what you will be reading on World Read Aloud Day, and why you chose this particular piece to read aloud.

I am reading to two classes today via Skype. For Mrs. Lindsay's 4th grade class in Demopolis, Alabama, I am reading Dragons Love Tacos and 17 Things I'm Not Allowed To Do Anymore. These books are funny and I think the 4th graders will like them. The class liked the Dragons Love Tacos the best.



 I am also reading to Mrs. Duncan's 1st grade class in Northport, Alabama. I read Silly Tilly and Chu's Day to them. These are also funny books that I think 6 and 7 year olds will like.
And they liked the books! They also liked seeing and hearing me on Skype. They had lots of great questions to ask after I finished reading.


Here is a video of me practicing for the Skype visits.  I am reading Chu's Day.

I am also counting this as my SLICE OF LIFE post for today! 


5 comments:

Chris said...

Hooray for World Read Aloud Day! Glad you shared so many books to celebrate.

Laurie said...

My kids at Faucett-Vestavia loved the Skype with you!

Laurie said...

Laurie,
I am so glad! I hope to Skype with Ms. Duncan's class again soon and maybe some other teachers at FVES, too!

fireflytrails said...

How fun! These look like good books (new titles for me) so I can see why the students liked them. And you can be everywhere with Skype!

Laurie said...

Hi friend. Looks like you had a great day. Thanks for working with us at FVES!

Laurie Copeland