Thursday, March 10, 2011

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!

So I have had a not so good week at work because I am sweating the small stuff.  I have lots of projects going on that do not have to do with teaching my classes and it has really stressed me out!  Tonight, though, teaching my graduate students in ED 505, I remembered why I do technology--IT IS FUN! :)

Here are the web sites we explored tonight.
  1. Wordle
  2. BeFunky
  3. BigHugeLabs (Pop Art Poster)
  4. PhotoFunia
  5. Dumpr.net
  6. Wigflip
 I did the same Digital Photography PowerPoint that my students were assigned and used all those cool sites above. Here is that presentation in Slide Share.



And, I did an example Wordle for them of my Delicious tags.  And did one using text from a Wikipedia article on George Washington. See below for the pictures.







And after doing these examples and helping my students create their own projects, I remembered why I love technology and teaching.  The small stuff will always be there, but the big stuff like seeing light bulbs go off over the heads of my students is what is important.

1 comment:

Tracy Watanabe said...

Fun stuff indeed! I hadn't heard of some of these. Thanks Laurie for sharing.

Kind regards,
Tracy Watanabe