Sunday, November 09, 2008

Still plugging away . . .


This is my round up of several days that I missed on the 30 Days to Being a Better Blogger challenge. Days 6, 7, and 8 are discussed here. Thanks to 30d2bbb image by Jason Robertshaw is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License

Day 6 This day's task was to watch someone read my blog or at least ask people to look at my blog and answer the following suggested questions. So I sent this email out to friends and family of all sorts and perspectives.

"Questions for My Blog Visitors—answer as many as you feel comfortable with. I am really looking for fresh eyes and what appeals to people and what needs to be changed. I am also trying to get more people to read my blog on a routine basis.

  • Where do you click?
  • What do you find?
  • Are there parts of it that are unintuitive?
  • Are there features that I’ve built in that aren’t quite as ‘obvious’ as I thought they were?
  • Is it easy to navigate around or do you have trouble making their way from one section to another?
  • Is there any information that you wish I had provided that isn’t there?
  • Are there any parts that you didn’t understand the purpose of?
  • Any general suggestions that you have for improvement?
  • What parts of your blog were most memorable to you, 10-20 minutes after you explored it?"

Day 7 Today's task was to invite someone to be a guest blogger. I put a Plurk request out and asked for topic to be how you use Plurk and I volunteered to be someone else's guest blogger, too. Shoemap (Pam Shoemaker) responded and we are going to be each other's guest. We are both doing the 30 Days to Being a Better Blogger challenge, too! Look for our swap soon!

Day 8 Today's task was to teach us to be better commenters on other people's blogs. So I left two comments today—one on a blog I have never commented on and one on a blog that I have left comments on before. Click here to see the comment I left on blgo that I have commented on before. Here is a comment I left today (Sunday) on a blog I have never commented on before. I really do like to comment on other people's blogs, but when I read the posts in my Google Reader, I often forget to go back and post a comment. I have a ton of starred posts that I intend to go back and give a comment on at some point.


1 comment:

Reid Paul said...

Nice blogg you have